Since it’s so close to Thanksgiving, and since I have been having a kind of rough time lately, I thought it would be good to think about, and write about, some of my favorite things! It’s kind of one of those “fake it til you make it” sort of things, where if I spend my time thinking about things that make me happy, I am less likely to be stressed out! And, it’s actually been working well for me, which I am happy about. So, without further ado, here are 10 things that make me happy!
- My Family and Friends: I am so glad that I am surrounded by such supportive and loving people. They are fun to be around, and make life way better!
- Learning new things: I have always loved to learn, and now that I am out of school, it can sometimes be hard. I try to learn something new every day, because I think that it’s important to continue to grow and develop. Enriching my life is something that is really important to me, and I am so glad that I have books and the internet to help me learn new things. I also learn a ton from reading other peoples’ blogs, which has been really fun for me!
- Autumn: This time of year is my favorite! I love the vivid colors that the leaves change, and I love it when there is a crisp and cool breeze. I love being able to break out sweaters and boots. Plus, my birthday, wedding anniversary, Halloween and Thanksgiving all happen in fall! What’s not to love?
- Cooking: I have always been interested in cooking, and really got into it in grad school. It became a way for me to de-stress. Now, I am glad that I love cooking because my husband loves the food that I make. It’s made it easier to adjust to a new way of cooking to help with my PCOS symptoms, without having to eat boring foods or the same thing every day.
- Purple: Purple is my favorite color! I love that there are so many different shades, some of them are more springy and fun, while others are richer and more jewel-toned. I think that I look good in purple, and it goes with so many other colors. It brings me peace.
- Dresses: I have pretty much always liked wearing dresses more than pants. It because really true when I got to school and had to sit on the floor all the time. Jeans and pants were uncomfortable for me, so I opted to wear dresses! I liked dressing up, and they made me feel more feminine and grown-up. I still would rather wear dresses than pants, most of the time (unless it’s yoga pants or sweat pants!). It means that there are times where I am more nicely dressed than the people I am around, but I don’t really mind, because I am comfortable!
- Technology: To me, having grown up with technology, it’s been really interesting to see how things change throughout the years. I remember being in school and having to do research for papers where using the internet was not yet an option. I also remember before cell phones. It’s been so fun to watch what new technology is developed. I am learning how to build websites too, so that’s been really fun!
- Feminism: There was a time when I really didn’t understand what feminism was. I thought it was just women fighting for equality, which to me meant being treated exactly like men, including being eligible to be drafted into the military, which I definitely don’t feel brave or strong enough. Now, I understand the importance of feminism. I am thankful for women fighting for the cause. I am proud to be one of them!
- My cats: They make me laugh, and cuddle with me at night. They love to chase each other around, which is always fun to watch. It’s fun to have animals that depend on me, but are also independent. Watching them grow up and learn has been so fulfilling.
- Coffee: I have loved coffee for so long! I used to take sips of my mom’s coffee when I was a kid, but started drinking it myself when I was in high school. Now, I don’t really like the sugary drinks, I love being able to taste the coffee and the differences in the beans and roasting levels. I love the caffeine, and I love knowing how to brew a mean cup of coffee! 🙂
That really did help me feel better! What are some things that you guys love? Let me know in the comments!